Monday, March 22, 2021

68th Wedding Anniversary

It was Just last Thursday, March the 11th, that my Sweetheart and I celebrated our 68th wedding Anniversary.  

As I think of this anniversary my mind goes back to that special day so many years ago and wonder how did all those years fly by?  It just seems like a short time ago that I was a young mother with a young family around and then I blinked and here I sit knowing that my children are married and are grandmothers and grandfathers now themselves and all are at the age of senior citizens.  

I also know that those were good years with many blessings, many adventures that were happy and meaningful, of coarse we had some learning times and growing times and who doesn't have them, but then as a family you work through those times and come out stronger. 

My children learned how to work, they are compassionate adults, they are loving and kind, they are active in the gospel of Jesus Christ, they pray and follow these teachings and they have instilled these virtuous qualities in their children. 

When I awoke that Thursday morning and went to the kitchen, my Sweetheart had drawn a heart on a piece of paper and had written, "Roses are Red, Violets are blue, our 68th anniversary is here and I Truly Love You," he also wrote, "You make me happy, Forever,  Love you always." 

We talked about this special day and because celebrating our anniversary had changed because of this pandemic, we decided to do something a little different, we went down to Costco and bought us a anniversary cake, came home and made some plates of anniversary cake for some friends and family.  We took these around and delivered them. I had some note card that said on the front "With a Thankful Heart" and I typed a note inside explaining what we were celebrating.

It read: "Today, March 11th is our 68th Wedding Anniversary.  We were married in 1953 during the Korean war, Kirk was in the Navy, I was a senior in high school and he was just starting his two weeks boot leave.  We flew to Arizona and were married and sealed in the Mesa Arizona Temple, after our honeymoon, he went to Whidbey Island Washington to start his assignment and I went back to high school to graduate.  Life has been good to us with many rich blessings, we have 4 children, 15 grandchildren, 36 great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. Because of this pandemic our anniversary plans were changed.  We bought us an anniversary cake and wanted to celebrate our happiness by sharing this cake with friends and family. We love it here in this beautiful valley and thank our Heavenly Father for the blessings of the Gospel and the friendships we have.  May life be good to you with joy, happiness and many rich blessings."  Love,  Liz and Kirk,  I also wrote a personal note  thanking them for their friendship and love."

It was getting late and some were not home so our anniversary came to an end, I must say that those that were home were surprised with our cake and especially when I told them we were celebrating our 68th Wedding anniversary with them.  Home that evening as we talked about this day our hearts were warm, I'm only sorry we ran out of time and were not able to visit more friends.

I thought this would be our celebration, but then that evening when my daughter from Arizona called, she told me the plan they had organized for this coming Sunday.  She had contacted all our family to invite them to a ZOOM visit this coming Sunday night to wish us Happy Anniversary and send us their Love.

With the help of our youngest son, he was able to set us up on the computer to ZOOM, at 6:00 o'clock sharp that evening we were on, soon all our family from far and near was here to give us good wishes, fill us in with their family activities and joy.  Our children and family live all over the country and the world. They were here with us from Utah, Arizona, California, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Hawaii, Minnesota and Malaysia, the times were different in most of the states with being ahead of our time or behind but my Granddaughter from Malaysia, her time was the next day at 8 o'clock in the morning.  Each family was excited to attend and they want to do it again and often. Good idea, we are for that blessing, we will look forward to visiting again.

Sitting here at my computer thinking about this last Anniversary, my heart is full, my family is large and full of love for all. To think we had almost everyone on ZOOM even down to a new born baby. What a blessing.  Our celebration this year was going to be different because of this pandemic, was I surprised, it was different, it turned out that we had almost all our children with us.

It was   WONDERFUL  and  VERY SPECIAL  one we will always remember.

         THANK YOU MY DEAR CHILDREN    WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH  


No comments:

Post a Comment