Sunday, February 21, 2021

Another Birthday For Me

I just celebrated my 85th Birthday last Thursday, with a Hoop and a Holler.  I was lucky to do just that, no fancy shoes to dance a jig on my feet right now, maybe years ago that might have been a different story, but now my celebrations are slow and easy.

With this pandemic still raging it's havoc in our lives, we are blessed to enjoy some of the simple pleasures that bring joy to our hearts.

When  my Birthday morning came my Husband was there to greet me with a Hug and a Kiss then singing the Happy Birthday song and saying a sweet loving Birthday wish along with a I Love You.  He then told me he was going to take me for lunch to celebrate this day.  We decided to go to Chile's as you can now go inside to sit and enjoy your meal, with social distance of course, but still you would be able to relax and enjoy. 

When we arrived at Chile's the waitress took us to our booth, handed us our menu and brought us some water and utensils.  When she came back I ordered a chicken salad and my Sweetheart ordered fajitas,  my Sweetheart then told her that today was my Birthday and this was the first time we had been to a restaurant for some time because of this pandemic, she wished me a Happy Birthday and told us that she was glad we came to Chile's.

We enjoyed our meal, my salad was very good and my husband was happy with his fajitas, as we finished our meal soon our waitress was back with a few other waiters and presented me with a large chocolate and caramel sundae in a lovely goblet dish with two spoons, they then sang Happy Birthday to me and wish me a happy day. I must say this sundae was most delicious and I enjoyed every bite.  Thank you Chile's for a lovely afternoon.

The whether outside was cold and some snow was still on the ground, but inside my heart, I felt warm, special and loved.

Soon we were driving up the driveway to our home, it was almost 3 o'clock and about the time I call my friend Donna, when she answered the phone I told her what a nice Birthday I had so far and she was glad I had had a nice lunch with my dear Husband.  My friend had given me a pound of See's candy the other day so again I was feeling pretty special.  We usually visit about an hour on the phone and when we hung up I took another piece of her candy and just sat back to enjoy, nothing like See's candy for feelings of comfort and love.

Not too much longer my telephone started to ring, first was my Daughter Ann from Arizona, then my Daughter Marta from North Carolina, a little while later my younger Son Brad, and as the day went on I heard from my Grandson Kevan, my Niece Dina, my Brother Butch and his wife Diane, my Sister Leslie and her husband Glen and some friends.  Later there was some messages on Facebook from my other Brother Kent, plus other wishes from Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren and a cousin. I also received some more candy, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and some cards and tomorrow I have some friends that are going to take me for lunch. 

Yes, I had a wonderful and special Birthday. I am very blessed to have a loving Husband who has loved me all my life, dear Children that tell me they are thankful that I am their Mother, sweet siblings that are dear and special to me along with their families and the frosting on the cake is having good and dear friends.

This 85th Birthday turned out to be one exciting Hoop and a Holler, one I'm sure will have a special place in my heart for a long time and I didn't need any fancy shoes and I didn't need to dance a jig... 

Yes, I had another Birthday and what a special Birthday it was....

No comments:

Post a Comment