Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Life With The Coronavirus Pandemic

Life can take many difference roads in ones life time and when you are at my age when a different path comes your way, you have a choice, you can either be upset about it or you can adjust to the situation and do your best, It's your choice.

Take this Coronavirus pandemic the world is now experiencing.  The Governor of our state has issued some guidelines for the people of our state to follow, plus the US Government has also given us guidelines that would help our country to heal and to get this virus under control and end.

First the Governor has said "Be Safe, Stay Home." next they have asked us to do social distancing, which means stay 6 to 10 feet apart from other people, also we are to wash our hands often during the day especially when we have touch other things, do not touch your face and to wear a mask when you are out in public.  Only go out to the store when it is necessary.  Many of the businesses have closed as have all restaurant, they are only having take out food and the fast food places only have the drive thru open.

We have also been told that group meetings should not be more than 10 people and then social distance must be in affect.  This has caused church services to be cancelled along with Temple worship. 

This pandemic has created much illness and many deaths throughout the world.  Thousands and thousands of lives have been lost because of this virus, plus millions of jobs have also been lost. You can see this virus is taking a toll on everyone, young and old, rich or poor, but I believe if we follow the guide lines that have been issued we will get passed this and our country will be stronger. 

I sit here in my home counting my blessings, my sweetheart and I are doing fine.  Most of my children and grandchildren are also doing fine and of my family that need to work, many are still going to their job sites and some are ones that can work at home. I do have a few that this past week have lost their jobs, but those have food storage and family that can help, help is also out there where the government is helping.

I keep in touch with my family and friends, many of them have been telling me the things they have  accomplished. They tell me about their pantry they have cleaned and organize, windows that have been washed, drawers they have cleaned and closets that have been cleared of outdated or outgrown clothes, as for me, these past weeks I really have been in the Do Nothing Mood,  yes, I do what I need to do, like fix the meals, do the dishes, make our bed, do the laundry, fold the clothes, yesterday I even did some ironing but the big jobs I'll save for another day, right now I'll read the paper or a good book, write a letter or write in my journal and there is the cross stitch project I had started sometime ago that I decided to work on, maybe I can get it finished, but I did decided to work on a room that needs some  cleaning and some organization this week.  I have to admit it is going to take me more than a week to accomplish, but that's okay too.

Our country is going through a pandemic that is effecting each and everyone of us, may we all do our part to Stay Safe, be strong and do the best we can.  We live in the land of the free, a choice land.    In God we trust. 

Hang on everyone. This to shall pass.  The best is yet to come....


No comments:

Post a Comment