Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Christmas 2019 Came and Went Months Ago

Christmas has always been special to me in my life and when I was raising my children, I always tried to make it special for them, but now that we are empty nesters, things are different.  Most of my children and grandchildren live far away in different states, so that makes a big difference, they all have their special Christmases in their own homes, but for those that live by family they will gather together on that day or the weekend before to celebrate.  I do have a son and a grandson and his family nearby, so Christmas day I still have a small family gathering with turkey dinner and presents after to enjoy.

This year Christmas seemed to come pretty fast, I did finish my projects got them wrapped, packaged and mailed.  I was happy to know that they were received in time for Christmas.

The day after Thanksgiving I have always enjoyed this time to start reading a Christmas book, but this year that wasn't on the scheduled, I did visit a dear friend a few times this Christmas season and did read to her some short Christmas stories from one of my books and that did warm my heart, but life was on the fast track and I was in over drive, I did watch some Christmas movies on TV that did bring in the Christmas spirit.

I put up the Christmas tree with my Sweetheart's help, put the wreath on the front door, some decorations around the room and had Christmas music playing. I then sat on the couch with the tree lights on, listening to the sweet music, just to enjoy and found my heart and soul was reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas.

The next few days I finished wrapping my presents for my love ones here, made batches of fudge and divinity for my neighbors and friends.  On Monday with my plates of candy put together my Sweetheart and I went around and delivered my plates of Christmas joy, after we went to town and had dinner at Del Taco.

Christmas day came on Wednesday, the turkey was in the oven, the table was set, music was on and the presents were under the tree.

One o'clock came and my Grandchildren began to arrive, how excited they were, they began to look around and under the tree, some whispering and smiles I began to see, soon my son was here and dinner was being put on the table.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the dinner and even had seconds, after dinner we quickly cleared the table and gather in the front room around the Christmas tree, with the help of my young Great Grandson, presents were passed out and enjoyed by all.  After presents were enjoyed dessert of pie and ice cream was served.

Soon it was time to say goodbye with hugs and kisses and arms full of presents and Christmas joy.

Our hearts were full of love for our families, for our love ones here and for our love ones that are far away.  I prayed they all had a very Merry Christmas and that they all remembered the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate this special day, that they all might have felt thanksgivings within their hearts for that blessed day that happened many years ago.

Yes, Christmas day turned out to be a very happy one and to make it extra special, when my family started to arrived it started to snow, beautiful white soft snow flakes floated down from heaven above, such a peaceful feeling was felt as we watched the soft flakes of snow falling all around.

Christmas for 2019 came and went and as I reflect on that Christmas season, with the music and with families gathering together, may we all remember the reason for Christmas Day, for this is the day we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and if we would remember these teaching that he taught and apply them in our daily lives then maybe, just maybe, there would be peace and goodwill throughout the world and our hearts would sing with joy,
"Peace on earth and goodwill to Men."

No comments:

Post a Comment