Thursday, February 27, 2020

Happy Birthday To Me!

I just celebrated another Birthday last week, I'm really not into birthdays celebrations now at my age, but then again my sweetheart thought we should celebrate it, so I said O.K. 

We decided we would go for dinner to Applebee's.  Good choice, we had a lovely young waitress that waited on us, so friendly and helpful.  We haven't been there for sometime so the menu had taken some changes, she was kind to show us some new items and tell us what they were like and even made some suggestions.  We ordered a two for $25.00 meal, it was very good and we did enjoy it very much. The waitress had hear us talking about my Birthday so in the conversation with her she wished me a Happy Birthday, she also said that I could have a small ice cream sundae of my choice and would I like to have the crew sing to me?  I told her that was very kind, I would enjoy the sundae with caramel for the topping but as for the singing, I think I'll forgo that.

We had a lovely evening and when we arrived home the phone started to ring.  I received  phone call from my children, my sister and brother along with their spouses plus a sweet niece and her dear husband, they not only wished me a Happy Birthday but they also sang to me, now that singing was a little different than sitting in a restaurant and being the center of attention.  I also received some lovely cards and a nice bouquet of flowers from a dear sister-in-law and to sweeten my Birthday my dear friend gave me a box of See's candy to just enjoy.  I must not forget to mention the many Birthday wishes of love and joy that was posted on Facebook from family and dear friends.

The day before my Birthday my Sweetheart said to me, today I am 4 years older than you, but tomorrow I will only be 3 years. Yes, that was true, I am only 3 years younger now until next November when he will have his Birthday and then he can say that he is again 4 years my senior.

I sit here thinking of the many Birthday's I have enjoyed and the many blessing that have come to me in my life and I can truly say, life has been good.  I have such a sweet husband who has loved me all my life, beautiful children who I love very much and who are sweet and loving to me, which brings me joy and happiness, they have blessed me with sweet grandchildren and now I'm enjoying the blessings of being a great grandma.  Yes, life is good and if the good Lord is willing I will be blessed with more Happy Birthday's to come and yes, I will celebrate them one way or another.

So Happy Birthday to me and thanks to everyone who was so kind in sending me those many Happy Birthday wishes, it sure made me feel good, in fact I felt like a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment