Sunday, November 3, 2019

My Sweethearts Birthday

Today is Sunday the beginning of a new day and a new week.  Last night when we went to bed our clocks were set back to mountain time, which means the end to daylight savings time for this year.  It gave us an extra hour of sleep, but it forgot to tell our bodies that and when we awoke this morning, we forgot to stay in bed another hour, but that was okay, as it gave us some extra time to get ready for church and extra time to just relax and enjoy this morning.

Today is also a special day for its my Sweethearts birthday.  We have been very blessed because we have shared many birthdays together, more than most people.  He was born to goodly parents, there were 2 girls and 3 boys, with him being the fourth child in his family.  Now as I think about his family and looking back over the years, I realize the many blessings we have enjoyed.

My Sweethearts father passed away when he was just seventy years old, leaving his mother a widow at a younger age, she lived thirty some years as a widow, he has also lost his two brothers and one sister and two brother-in-laws and a sister-in-law, which brings us down to his older sister and my Sweetheart as the only siblings left.  When one might think of the passing of love ones, other's might view this as a great loss and have a great empty feeling within their heart, but for us and our faith with a belief in a hereafter and the blessings of the Temple and the sealing powers and promise of family's are forever, our hearts do miss our love ones, but the memories are warm and are filled with love, for we believe in the eternities.

When you arrive at our age and another birthday comes around, what do you do to celebrate?  For us, we are just thankful that we still have each other and can say Happy Birthday to them.  I did have a card for him that I left on the table so he would see it the first thing this morning and know I was thinking of him.  Yesterday we went to town and had lunch at the Mexican Restaurant which we both enjoyed.  This afternoon he has received phone calls from his children along with special wishes and  loving words.  I baked him some brownies with chocolate frosting and said Happy Birthday Sweetheart, I Love You.  He smiled at me and told me he loved me too.

I hope he know how dear and special he is to me, I've been very blessed, he has loved me all my life and he has always been the love of my life.

Yes, today is my Sweethearts Birthday and I look forward to having many more birthdays with him..
Happy Birthday Sweetheart, I love you very much..


No comments:

Post a Comment