Monday, November 4, 2019

My Daughter's Fan Club

When I was visiting my oldest daughter one time, she asked me if I would like to go to lunch with her and meet her friends in her "Fan Club."  I asked her what is a "Fan Club?" and she told me that her "Fan" club stands for "Friends are Necessary," and then she told me about her club.

She told me that having friends are important no matter what age one might be, which I did agree.  I asked her what they would do when they got together?  She reminded me that years ago when her children were getting married, she was involved with a group of ladies that also had children getting married around the same time, so they decided to formed a catering group, together they would plan and work to cater each others weddings for their children, this way it would help with the expense and would also help each other with their event. I remembered the weddings of my grandchildren and how lovely they were and because of these friends working together, everyone of those young couples had a lovely wedding, thanks to their moms and the friends they had.

But now that those years have past what do you do?  I was told that during those years working together they formed good friendships, so now we get together and visit, sometimes we might have a project, or we go out to lunch, I even had a tea party one time she said, I thought this "Fan club" sounded pretty good and yes I said, I would like to go with her to meet her lady friends.

I have thought many times about this daughter and her friends and how she told me that "friends are necessary" and then I think of the friends I might  have had and the impact then might have had on my life.

When I was a young school girl I had my special friends, we would get together and play all sorts of games, we rode our bicycles, played night games, had slumber parties, went to movies and even had tea parties.  When I was a young mother I had young mothers as friends, we would talk to each other about raising our children, we would take our children to the park and let them play and then have a picnic and when my children were older we would still have friends and we would still get together and our children were engaged in their activities and we would be engaged in our activities.

My Sweetheart and I have been empty nesters now for many years, plus we have moved many times and when you don't have young children around you, you seen to end up out in left field many times, but that's okay too, we have each other and we do many things together and we share and have fun, but friends are still necessary.

My Sweetheart has his special friend that he will visit and talk with, sometimes they might have a project, sometimes they go to town, they will shop and then go to lunch.  I too have my friends, I might not spend time talking on the phone or going to lunch with them, but we do share and connect and even do a project now and then.  I do have a special friend that I often visit with, we share our thoughts and feelings, do lots of talking and sometimes share a laugh or two, I don't know about her but she rejuvenates my soul, I do know she likes our visits and always asks me if I'll come again next week and I always say, yes I will.

There are many different seasons and stages in one's life, people and friends will come to you for a small speck of time or for a duration, some might be there years ago and then reappear many years later, but in all, they will touch your life one way or the other and your life will be richly blessed and better because of this connection.

Yes, dear daughter, you are very wise, "friends are necessary" and we have been richly blessed with many good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment