Sunday, January 6, 2019

A New Year, 2019

This is the beginning of a new year and as I sit here thinking about what this new year will bring, my mind goes back though the years of other beginnings. 

The one that comes to my mind is the year 2000 when everyone was in a fizzy, you see it was suppose to be the end of the world, now I wasn't worried about that as I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know there will be a second coming, but others do not have this belief or knowledge, so when I went to bed that New years Eve in 1999, I would awake to a bran new year with joy and happiness for another year of life's adventures and not the fear of no tomorrows.

But here we are 19 years later, I'm not beginning my sixties as then but now I'm in my eighties and I think "Oh where oh where have those years gone and what has life brought to us during that time?"

That first year I lost my father, then six years later my mother, to me that was a big adjustment as I was close to my parents but life goes on, we have had grandchildren marry and become parents which makes us great grandparents, we have been cruising with our passports,built a new home and moved to 5 acres where I can enjoy my friends the deer, turkeys, rabbits, squirrels and the birds. The years also has brought some heartaches too, we have had some passing of family members as well of good friends not to mentions some health problems but then again that's life, my dear sweetheart tells me that as long as we have each other and we can take care of each other life is good.

But now for this new year, what are my goals?
A goal is not a goal if its not written done and a goal is not a goal if there is no plan.

I do have some thoughts about that and I'm trying to form a plan but for right now I'll start by stating I want to do more writing on this blog.

So Happy New Year to one and all, lets all enjoy each and everyday come what may..

No comments:

Post a Comment