Monday, May 29, 2017

Gratitude Remember Remember

This is Memorial Weekend, it is the time we reflect on the services our Brave Military Men and Women have given to us the American people to keep us FREE..  because of this it is also a time that we can sit back and reflect on the many blessing we have and enjoy because of this freedom.

Sunday at Sacrament meeting the speakers were speaking on the theme of Gratitude, the first speaker spoke mainly on Gratefulness and the second talked about the meaning of Gratitude.  He said that when we read the scriptures that we will read many time the words "Remember Remember".  

Today as I was going about my daily routine my thought have drifted into my mind and soul of what I am truly grateful for and what gratitude I hold dear.  When you arrive at my age and you start to Remember Remember you could make a list here, but I think my list would take up more than this page so instead I think I'll just share some thoughts....

Years ago a sweet granddaughter gave me a small notebook, in it she wrote for me to write down things that make me happy,  Life is such that I do have my ups and downs, sometimes I feel like supper woman and sometimes I feel like the world is heavy on my shoulders.  I look in the mirror and what do I see?  but when someone gives me a compliment it just seems to rejuvenate me, so this notebook is a book that can lift my spirits and so to remember a compliment by someone warms my soul.

I was visiting a home of a special woman one day and she had a guest book on her counter, here friends and family that would visit her would write a note and leave her a thought.  This book brought comfort and warmth to her.  Years ago at Christmas time I too started a guest book, I did put it away but I think I will bring it out again, I do want to remember the special people in my life that come to visit me and the happiness that they bring.

The other day when I was at the store I pick up a small blank book that had the title "Count Your Blessings Everyday".  I had read an article in a magazine that said if each day you would write down 3 things that you are thankful for that day, you will find that your life would have more joy and meaning.  Now everyone could use more joy in their life and I want my children to know my life also had meaning so why not try this?

I do try to write, I have keep a journal off and on though the years and now I'm keeping a journal smash book, I've been doing this for about 3 years and its been fun.  I'm also trying to write more post in this blog hoping it will express my thoughts and feeling so maybe my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will know me a little better and know what things I am most grateful for.

Today as we were coming home from a outing, I looked at the Cemetery in Cedar City.  I could not help but notice how beautiful the Cemetery looked with all the flowers decorating the graves.  I thought about my parents resting there and how grateful I am for such goodly parents and the love they had for each other and for me and for all their family.

Last night I was watching a special program on TV that honor these special Men and Women that help protect us and our Freedom on this Memorial Day and it brought tears to my eyes and heart.

I am grateful for all my blessings, my husband, my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  I thankful that I was born in this day and age, that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that I am a Child of God.  I am thankful for my forefathers, my parents, grandparents and great grandparents and that I am blessed to live in this land of the free.

May I always remember remember to be Grateful for all my many blessing each and every day and to hold this Gratitude deep in my Heart... Yes, this is a special Memorial Day and the American Flags are flying high and up and down the streets and it is a time to "Remember Remember"....



No comments:

Post a Comment