Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lemons, Oranges and Limes

It was Wednesday morning around 10 o'clock that I opened my front door and there on my door step was 2 plastic bags filled with lemons, oranges and some limes.


"What is this," I said to myself?  Who left me these bags of fruit and when?  I know they weren't here last night, so how did they get here and when did they arrived?  


I started to think, who might have a tree and had an abundance of fruit????   I sure couldn't think of a soul....    I took the fruit inside and put them on my kitchen counter and thought, this is sure a nice gift, with fruit so expensive in the stores now days.  I know we will enjoy this nice treat.....


I started to do some house chores and then around 11 o'clock my phone ring....  


"Hello," I said, and then a sweet voice said, "Grandma, this is Teri,"  "Did you find the bags of lemons, oranges and limes, that I left at your door?"   "YES" was my answer.  The mystery was solved.


It seems she had lots of fruit let over from her sister-in-law's wedding and as it was more than they could enjoy, she thought maybe I might enjoy it too.   Yes, I can and what I can't use right away, I can squeeze and freeze for a later day.


They decided to start their trip back home to North Carolina a few days earlier than planned and as they were going by my home "early" this morning, they just dropped their gift off and left...   They didn't want to wake this ole grandma from her sound sleep....  I thought that was sure thoughtful of them, but I would miss saying thank you and giving them some good byes....


They are on their way back home now, but they have plenty of stops planned, this will be a trip and a vacations that the children will remember.  They still have "Places to go, Family and Friends to see, and things to do....."


Thank you Teri, Jeff, Logan, Cooper and Denim, for stopping by..  and when I'm eating one of these nice big juicy oranges, I will think of you....  See you Later......  I love you....

No comments:

Post a Comment