Friday, July 22, 2011

Cruising Through Life

My Sweetheart just reminded me, that it has been one month since we were on our cruise with our children, "cruising Alaska"....  as I thought about that, I was remembering that I had made all the plans and reservations last January, and it took six long months for this cruise to become a reality, and only one short month for it to become a memory.


It's amazing how long time takes, when you are looking forward to something important to happen in your life, and how fast time goes, when that important something or event is over with.   


I have learned with age that your memory just isn't what it was when you were young.


I use to think and have been told, that I had a memory like an elephant....  But now...  I can go to the store to buy something that's important that I need and when I get there, I will shop and buy everything else but what I originally came for.  or,  I go into a room to get something and forget what I went into the room for.  Oh Well---- 


I think when I finished writing this blog, I'll go in the other room and get out my journal..  I think I better start writing in my journal again, my thoughts and feelings, my going and comings, so I will remember them, it's to easy to forget now....  


But this morning as we were talking about our cruise and what a wonderful experience it was with our children, we talked about taking another cruise.  My comment was yes, yes and more yes!!!  and then I commented about "why have we taken so long to do something like cruising before this?


Then, my sweet husband told me that we have taken some cruises through the years..  OK'  lets think about that!!!


"Remember when we were first married and you arrived in Seattle?" "Well, on the way to Whidbey Island we took the ferry from the main land over to the Island..."  we were cruising the sea then, with our car....


When we lived in Texas, one time my department where  I worked at Texaco, had a party down by the bay...  We spent the day there and in the evening we road on a boat around the bay..  just enjoying the evening, cruising the bay with friends..


One time we went to San Antonio and for a day trip...  We went to the Alamo, and they we strolled down the river walk, looked at all the quaint little shops on the way and then we took a nice boat ride back down the river (walk) so again, we went cruising....


When it became time for me to retire from my job at Texaco,  my daughters all came to Texas for this occasion.  One day we took a nice outing down to Galveston.  During the day we boarded a ferry and sailed around Galveston bay.  It was lovely, beautiful and peaceful, with the smell of the ocean breeze and the salt air.  This was just cruising along a peaceful moment.


We did take a trip to Hawaii once.  We few over there and spent the week with some friends.  One evening we boarded a Catamaran and cruised around enjoying a Lula  dinner with entertainment.


Once we did take a cruise on a cruise ship...  It was a short one, about three days, we left San Pedro, California, cruised to Catalina and then to Ensenada, Mexico and then back to San Pedro.  It was nice and fun and we had a good time, but it was nothing like this seven day cruise to Alaska.  


Alaska was perfect, and one that will be remembered for a very long time.. and one that we would like to take again.  I would say it should be a must for everyone to take in their life time.


Oh, I must not forget to remember the good times I have had, being treated to a boat ride with my son, on his boat, on a peaceful lake, in the peaceful mountains of Utah, or the sweet memories I have with my daughter and son-in-law, when they have treated us with a day's outing on a beautiful lake in Arizona.  This too, has been a joy just cruising around a lake in the summer sun, enjoy the day and having fun and a good times with our family and love ones....


Yes, when I think about it, I can truly say, I have done some cruising, you might even say,  "I've Done My Cruising Through Life."      and    Life has been good.....


and so,  I think we will take another cruise..  This time we will go to Hawaii and it will be for 14 days....











No comments:

Post a Comment