Thursday, June 9, 2011

Family Blessing #22 and #23

What a wonderful gift from heaven is a bran new baby, and what a special blessing it is when that wonderful gift from heaven comes into your family.

Years ago when I was a young bride, I dreamed of having children and the joy I felt when I knew I was going to have my first baby.

Marta was born when her Daddy was in the Navy during the Koren war.  He was stationed at the Naval Air Base on Whidbey Island, Washington.  She was born in the Naval Hospital there and cost a whopping $8.75....... 

Mark was next, then came Ann and last was Brad..  

The joy I felt with each birth  was a blessing and each new baby was welcomed with lots of love and anticipation, although I must admit, the cost of each of these new babies was a lot more than that first $8.75, but they were sure worth every penny and more..

The years went by, my children grew up, married and started having children of their own.

Soon I was a grandmother with lots of little ones running around.  I ended up with 15 grandchildren in all and they are all wonderful, beautiful and special people.

Again the years went by and my grandchildren grew up, married and started having children of their own. 

By the beginning of this new year of 2011, I had 21 Great Grandchildren.  All sweet,  beautiful and wonderful little people, with minds and interest and talents of their own.

On April 6th we were blessed with a new Great Grandson.  Jayce Miller was born to my Granddaughter Tawni and her dear husband Danny.  He's a beautiful little boy with a sweet and special smile.  He is dearly loved by everyone and especially by his older sisters Ryah and Evelyn.  He became Great Grandchild #22.

Just 2 months later to the day, on June 6th we were again blessed with another Great Grandchild.  A beautiful baby girl was born to our Grandson Kevan and his sweet wife Brooke.  Preslee Brynn was born at 9:58 pm, this special little one became Great Grandchild #23.

I never could have dreamed those many years ago, that today, I would be sitting here at my Computer, counting my many blessings of children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren.  The joy they have brought to me in my life is love unmeasurable. 

I have been truly blessed by all my children from my very first to this newest one straight from heaven.  I love each and everyone of them and I know and can feel their love for me.   I thank my Heavenly Father every night for his loving gift of family.

I'm a Mother, Grandmother and a Great Grandmother, and this has all happened because "Two People Fell in Love."

I love you and you are my family.  Welcome to it...

1 comment:

  1. We're so happy #23 is here! I cant wait until you can meet her!

    ReplyDelete