Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Treadmill ah la GO, GO

The Health Associations tells you that to have better health, that a person needs to physically move, move, and move some more...

The best way and maybe the easiest way for this physical movement is to walk. 

A person should walk at least 10,000 steps a day.  Now I know you cannot count every step you take in a day, but you can wear a pedometer and let this pedometer count your steps for you, and that is exactly what I do.

Every morning when I get dressed and ready for the day, I log the steps I have taken the day before, reset my pedometer for this new day, attach it to my waist band and I'm READY to go.

Sometime during my day, I know I will need to do some serious walking and so I will head out to the garage and step on my treadmill and off I go...

Have you ever tried to just walk on a treadmill?    B O R I N G  every step you take seems like an eternity and if you need to be walking for an hour, that can be sheer torture....

To make this walking more enjoyable I go to the library each week and check out DVDs.

Now my walking gives me enjoyment.  Not only do my steps count up, but I get to see and enjoy movies or programs that would have passed me by.

I just have finished watching the series "Emily of New Moon" and "Cranford" which I truly enjoyed..  Sometimes I'll watch a oldie and sometimes I'll watch some history, but what ever I watch it sure makes my time on my treadmill enjoyable...

Here it is almost time for bed and I just looked at my pedometer and it says I have walked 12,392 steps.  Pretty good won't you say? 

I'm trying for better health and that means I'm watching my weight too. 

If you only walk 10,000 steps and don't cut your calories, your weight will stay the same.  So in order to lose weight you have to use the "Cut and Burn" program.  

What that means is you cut your calories down and you do more physical movement that will help burn more calories which will result in a weight loss. 

I've got it...  I cut my calories today.  Walked on my treadmill and logged 2,392 extra steps and hopefully tomorrow, I'll step on my scales and they will be down a bit.  and that will be good news for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment