Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cell Phone Frustration

I had to purchase a new Cell phone the other day.  Now for most people that's not a big deal, but for me it was.

I have had a cell phone for about 3 years now.  I really don't use it that much, only out of necessity, and my sweetheart uses it less than that.  The phone I had was costing me way too much money, so I went shopping.

After asking around and seeing what was available, I settled on a Virgin Mobile.  I bought 2 phones, one for myself and the other for my sweetheart.  Simple, no problem......   I had been told I could transfer my Verizon number to my new phone, I had 30 days to access it.  That would be great, no need to go to the trouble of changing phone numbers with everyone.  But there lies the problem.......

That evening I tried to activate my phones.  I told the customer service person what I wanted to do.  He asked for my Verizon phone numbers that I wanted to transfer and said he would take care of it, it would take 24 hours and to call back the next day.... 

The next day I called Virgin Mobile and that is when everything hit the fan.

It is very hard to reach a "REAL" person now days.  I wonder if they really exists!!  I kept hitting the "O" button and saying to the voice on the phone, "CUSTOMER SERVICE," "CUSTOMER SERVICE."  When I  finally reached a live person, I had another problem.  No one now days speaks "English" or at least I can't understand their "English."  When I finally figured out what language they were speaking, I was told I could not transfer my numbers, the numbers did not exist anymore.  OK, then give me a new number... Simple, just give me a new Virgin Mobile number..  "I have to transfer you," I was told, so I get transferred and disconnected.... Major Problem... I would have to redial the Virgin Mobile number, try to get a Real Customer Service Person and start all over again with my request.

This went on for three hours and a dozen customer service people.  I kept telling them, "Don't put me on Hold and Don't Transfer Me or you will Lose Me!!"


Finally I succeeded in getting my new cell phones activated.  But I also ended up with a headache and major frustration.  I felt like taking those phones and tossing them out the window, as far as I could throw them.  Who needs them anyway.  I'm not one that has to have a phone surgically attached to my ear...  I only want one for emergency and convenience when one of us needs to connect.  No big deal, simple, I say!!!

I haven't program my special numbers into these new phones yet.  I'm still coming down from major frustration, I'll take care of that another day.  Right now I think I need a Chocolate bar.... maybe two..

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. Trying to deal with things of this nature are frustrating enough when you are talking to real people who speak the same english that you do. The younger generations do not understand our frustration because what is new to us is their always. Hope you were able to get it figured out.

    Whenever Shawna comes to town she gets a temporary phone with a number that she can add minutes to as she needs--all I have to do is keep up with which number is her current one.

    Hope it is finally all worked out and that your chocolate was delicious.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete