Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Here it is the middle of January and I am now just thinking about what my New Year's resolutions should be.

I'm one that has to have a goal and a plan, or else my days just seem to come and go.  I will find myself wasting time, thinking about odds and ends and not really accomplishing much.

When I was working in the work force my days were pretty much planned for me.  I arise at a certain time in the morning, went to work, did my job and time there and then home.  The evenings were spent doing the things that needed to be done at home and preparing for the following day.  The weekends consisted of taking care of the house, doing laundry, shopping, going to church and preparing for the next week.

Now that I'm retired, I have six days a week to do my thing and the seventh is the Sabbath, which is the Lord's day, so that day is devoted to spiritual matters.

I need to have a plan on the things I would like to accomplish this year and then a plan and a goal on how to achieve it.

So first I must write down the things I want to accomplish, then I will refine it and figure out how I will implement my goal. 

For years I have kept a black composition book on the table, next to the place I sit in the evenings.  I always begin a new year by writing that year on  the next clean page in my book.  I then write my goals and things I want and need to accomplish and how I plan on achieving this, and when I have accomplished that goal, I will give it a check mark and date it. 

OK. to start with, I want to:

         Read the Book of Mormon  (3 chapters a day)
         Lose weight (I belong to Tops, watch what I eat, want to have a weight lose each week)
         Clean and organize my sewing room (spend at least 1 hour, 5 days a week on room)
         Walk on tread mill (need 10,000 steps on my pedometer 5 days a week)
         Make curtains and drapes for my home (start with kitchen)
         Finish my unfinished projects (make list of projects, and start with the first one)
         Take a trip or 2 this year (Have passport must travel)

Tomorrow is Sunday, the Lord's day, so I will begin my plan on Monday, January 17th.  It might be the middle of January, but still it's important to have a plan and goals for this New Year.  I feel good, of course I will be adding more things that I want to accomplish as this new year marches on, but for now, this will be my beginning....

1 comment:

  1. Everything starts with a plan--and I agree--have passport will travel--Let's go!!

    ReplyDelete