Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day of the Year 2010

Here it is, the last day of the year 2010, tomorrow will be a bran new year and so what will this new year bring?  I think that's the question we all have with the way things are in our country this day.   Not much we can do about that, we can only do the best we can and try to do the best for our self and for our families.

The years seem to go by so fast now the older I get.  If I stop and think and count, I wonder how many more years do I have left?  I guess I better set some special goals this new year, or maybe just be more productive with plans I have.

It's just a few minutes pass 9.00 p.m.  In less than 3 hours the new year will ring in.  So what are my big plans for this New Year's Eve???  Just staying home and taking it easy and yes writing this post for my Blog.

I remember when I was a young girl New Year's Eve was a big occasion.  You would get dressed up in you prettiest party dress and go out.  Where would we go??  There was usually a church dance that we would go to.  We would dance and have snacks and when midnight was coming, we would count the seconds to that big moment. 

It always seemed like midnight was the magical hour and it was then.  You would have those paper horns and streamers, you would cheer and clap and sing.  It was fun and the New Year was here...  and the old year was gone.

When I was married those early years, some of us would get together and have a party at a home and that was fun too, and sometimes they still had a dance at church for us married people and that too was fun.

Now it just nice to be home where it's warn and cozy.  I have T.V. on and when it's time for the news I'll turn that on and see what's happening with the celebrations that's going on around our state and our country.

I did celebrate New Year's Eve day today.  My sweetheart took me to Denny's Restaurant for breakfast.  We got a late start, had to go to the post office first, so our breakfast turned out to be lunch, but that was OK, I still had my senior omelet.  Afterwards we stopped at Papa Murphy's for a Pizza, which we had tonight, we enjoyed it and it was soo' good....

We've had snow for the last few days, so it's cold and wintering outside.  I have my warm snuggles on, it's peaceful and quiet, I think I'll go fix myself a nice cup of hot chocolate and wait for the new year to ring in.  But first I'll go and give my sweetheart a big hug and kiss.  I'll tell him I Love him and how important he is to me and I'll wish him a Happy New Year..

The year 2010 has been good, but tomorrow we start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment