Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

Thanksgiving Day is almost here and with it brings to me, not only gratitude, but thankfulness for my many Blessings. 

I'm thankful for the family I have and for my lovely home.  I'm thankful for a dear and wonderful husband, who has loved me all my life. 

I'm thankful for 4 great and wonderful children, for the joy and happiness they have brought to me.  I'm thankful for their spouses, for their love and kindness they give to me, but especially to them for loving their wife or husband, who is my child. 

I am thankful for my 15 grandchildren, and for the special people they are.  I'm thankful for the 21 great grandchildren that warms my heart, with their happy smiles and the hugs and kisses they so freely give me.

I am thankful that I was blessed with goodly parents, that not only loved each other, but loved us, their children.  I am thankful for the home I was raised in and for the teaching I was taught.  I am thankful for my brothers and sister, for their spouses and their children that call me Aunt.....

I am thankful for my grandparents, especially to my Nannie who instilled in me eternal truths.  I'm thankful for great grandparents that had the courage and faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to leave everything in their native land and crossed a ocean, to pull a handcart and walk hundreds of miles across a barren land for religious freedom.

I am thankful for all my extended family, Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  I have been richly blessed for how they have touched my life.

I am thankful for my husbands family, for his parents, for raising such a wonderful son, my sweetheart, and for the love he has for his siblings.

I'm thankful for the land I live in and the freedoms I enjoy.  I'm thankful for those who serve our Country so I can enjoy these freedoms.  I'm thankful for our flag that waves over this land of the free and that I can stand and say "I am a American."

And mostly, I am thankful for the knowledge I have in the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the testimony I have.  I know that I am a Child of God and that I am Loved.

Yes, Thanksgiving Day will be here, and I will enjoy this day, for you see, I will have some of my family with me, around my table as we give thanks for all of our many blessings.

May you too have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and may your blessings be many......







   

No comments:

Post a Comment