Sunday, September 15, 2019

A Surprised Visit At Wendy's

Saturday is usually the day my Sweetheart and I go to town and have lunch.  Lately we have been going to different places, sometimes its fast food and sometimes its one that you leave a tips at.

On this Saturday he just wanted to have a hamburger with all the trimmings.  He named 5 different places he thought would be good, but soon decided on Wendy's.  He had seen the ad on TV that had a "Biggie bag"  for $5.00.  Now that sounded pretty good to him as it was a Bacon burger, fries and a drink for only $5.00. We haven't been to Wendy's for along time, but for that price why not try.

When we go to town for lunch we usually leave our home around 12 noon or 12:30, but this day was different.  My Sweetheart had been busy working outside in the garden and I had been busy inside with the laundry and other chores, so we didn't start for town until 1:30 or about.

Now Wendy's in this town is not situated in a very convenient place, it's right next to the freeway and the entrance seems to always be congested and today was no exception. The drive thru had such a line that it would be hard just to park our car. When I saw this mess I asked my Sweetheart if he still wanted to go here or would he rather go somewhere else, his answer to me was no, we were here so lets try to park our car and go in.

There was such a congestion inside you could hardly tell where the line to order was and who was just standing around getting their drinks or waiting for their food.  There was a man in a wheelchair in front of me so I asked him if he was in line to order, he said no, that he was in line to get his drink, when all of a sudden there was a loud voice calling, "Grandma, Grandma" and there standing in front of me now was my Granddaughter Shawna, soon I was surrounded by Great Grand-kids with hugs and kisses. 

Shawna and her family had just arrived in the States last Sunday and had been staying with family up north for a visit, they were coming to my home the end of the month to spend a few days with us before they head back east for the rest of their trip.  To say I was surprised to see them here at Wendy's for lunch is just a lost for words.

After the shock wore off, we ordered our food, found a place to sit and enjoy a nice surprise visit with a dear Granddaughter, her husband and 5 sweet great grand-kids.  They were here traveling with their friends and their family on the way for a fun time at Disneyland and stopped at Wendy's for some lunch, the man in the wheelchair was their friend the husband.

I haven't seen this Granddaughter and her family for 3 years so it was such a treat to see everyone and  catching up with their activities and events in their life was such a joy. Our food arrived, we ate and visited and visited some more.

The time went by and soon the restaurant was pretty empty, it soon dawned on us that we had been there for sometime and Shawna and everyone needed to be back on the road to complete their journey before dark.  We cleaned our tables, put our trash in the container and said our good-by's with hugs and kisses.

As my Sweetheart and I headed for home our conversation turned to this sweet surprise at meeting a dear Granddaughter and her dear family here at Wendy's for lunch, noting that this blessing would not have happened it we had left for lunch at our regular time and if we didn't want a "Biggie Bag" for  $5 dollars.

Blessings come in many different ways and to me this was a special blessing, my heart is warm and I smile with joy when I think of this surprise visit at Wendy's.













No comments:

Post a Comment