Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Time or Winter Spring ???

It was just last Sunday that we celebrated Easter.  Easter usually means the beginning of new life, for as we celebrate this special day we are remembering the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It brings to mind the meaning of the Atonement and the sacrifice that Christ made for us to give us Eternal Life.  Easter is a joyful time, it is a new beginning. 


Along with this special day it ushers in Springtime, and as we drove along our country road on the way to our Church services, I bask in the warmth of the morning sun and as I looked out of our car window I saw the blossoms on the many trees, just so eager to begin their bloom.  There were birds flying around and some sitting on the wires overhead or sitting on the fence post along the side of the road.  My husband commented that he has seen some bees in our garden doing their pollinating.  My heart was warm as I thought about this glorious day.


I was ready for Spring, although our winter has been mild compare to past years, it was time for the new season.  I had on a new yellow skirt with colorful dots, a pretty white blouse with a pleated ruffle around the neck and down the front, and a sunshine yellow short sleeve sweater with a lace crochet edging around the bottom.  I was wearing my pretty white high heal shoes.  My hair was fixed with a pretty yellow clip and I wore a simple pearl necklace and earrings.  I had a song in my heart as we drove along our merry way.


The rest of the day was lovely.  Our Church service was uplifting.  The testimonies were heart touching.  After our block of services we went home where I put the finishing touches on a Easter Han dinner and enjoyed our dinner with my husbands brother Lee and his wife Shirley.


This past week has been refreshing.  The sun has been out, my sweetheart has spent time getting his garden ready for planting and I have been busy in the house doing some extra cleaning. 


But now, here it is Saturday,  just six days since we celebrated Easter and Springtime.  


When I arose this morning, it was darker than usual.  I went to the window and looked out and what did I see?  SNOW....  Everything was covered with this white cold fluff called SNOW..  I dressed, brushed my teeth and hair, made our bed and then went to the kitchen, I fixed my breakfast, read the morning paper, did the dishes and then just sat and looked out the  window at the snow.   


My sweetheart was sort of out of sort.  He read the paper, looked out the window and would pace around the house.  It was too cold and wet to go outside, even for his morning walk.  Around 11:30 he said, "Do you want to go to town ?"  Sure, why not.  So I put on my coat, little hat that warms my ears, and my SNOW shoes and I was ready to go.


We went to town, went to my sisters Leslie's for a short visit, then to Del Taco, for some tacos for lunch, down to the D.I. to see what might be new, (found some stationary supplies) then to  the Dollar Store, then to Walmart, to walk around and see what was new there and finished up by buying 2 apple pies at the McDonald's.  We then went back to our car for our trip back home.  The snow was still coming down, in beautiful flakes as we drove home, but in all it was a fun and relaxing day, not what I had expected as it is Springtime, but then I guess you can still have a Winter Spring and enjoy it too.  


It's cold tonight and the snow is still coming down, so I think I'm going to turn the fireplace on, I might even have a nice cup of hot chocolate, wish you could come and join me....  

1 comment:

  1. It has been surprisingly cold here too. I am ready for a warm day to spend outside. Glad your Easter day was so nice.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete