Sunday, April 29, 2012

Brandon is a Daddy

It was Tuesday night and I received a phone call from my Daughter Ann, telling me that I have a new Great Grandson.  Yes, little Reid Michael Miller was born Tuesday, April 24, 2012.  He weighted 7lbs 11 oz and his Mommie, Amanda and his Daddy, Brandon are proud and happy parents.


This makes number 25 for this Great Grandma.  A sweet little bundle of joy, to love and to hold.


Thinking about my Grandson being a Daddy just warms my heart.  Looking back over the years and thinking about the ups and downs of the journey this grandson has taken, I just smile as I picture him holding his son, this sweet little blessing straight from heaven.  


Now Brandon has always been sort of a rough and tough kind of a fellow, but those who know and love him, know the special person he is and the kind and soft heart he has.


He has always been good to this Grandma, and he has always been loved by this Grandma.


I remember once his family was here for a visit.  We were having a family dinner that night and Brandon wanted to go to town.  He went, but I told him we would be having dinner at 6 and I wanted him here.  Dinner was almost ready, it was dark outside, it was getting time and we hadn't heard from Brandon, and then he walked in the house.  How did you get here I asked?  He said, I walked....  He had walked over 8 miles to get home for dinner.   He had promised me he would be here and he was.


It was just a few years ago, that he told his Mama that he was moving to Utah (he and his family lived in Arizona) she asked him why?  He said he needed to find him a wife.  So he packed all his belongings in is Car??  and moved.  He found a place to live, he found a job, he found a singles ward and in time he found his wife.


Amanda is such a sweetheart and together they make a special couple, we are so happy to have her in the family.


My Daughter and her husband arrived here at my home Wednesday night.  They spent the night and then left early the next morning to finish their trip to Lindon.  Brandon would be bringing his wife and new son home from the hospital Thursday.  My Daughter and Son-in-law would be staying with them this week helping the new Mommie and Daddy with little Reid.  My Daughter was excited about seeing her new Grandson and I'm sure he will be greeted with lots of warm hugs.


Congratulations Brandon,  Your now a Daddy....  and you'll be a good one.   We love you,  Give baby Reid a Kiss from his Great Grandma and I hope to see him soon......



1 comment:

  1. So happy for Brandon and Amanda. Ann should be thrilled. I know Brandon will be a great father.

    I send my love

    ReplyDelete