Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lessons for Sunday Church

Tomorrow is Sunday and this week I'm doing double duty.  I have my regular Sunday School Class. and this week I have been asked to also give the lesson in Relief Society.  So double duty is my call. 

My Sunday Class lesson is on "Freedom to Choose", which I prepared the first part of this week, and my Relief Society's lesson is on "Developing Our Talents", which I just finished preparing.  The good news was the Relief Society's lesson I am giving, I had already given in my Sunday Class sometime ago, so it was mostly prepared, I just had to refine it for the Sisters in our Ward.

I was reading my daughters blog and she had a entry titled "Destiny". 

She wrote "In life there are opportunities to make choices and decisions every day.  Some are as simple as "what shall we eat?"  some are major as in "where shall we live?"

She then quoted Pres. Thomas S. Monson  "Decisions determine destiny"

She goes on to say, "One may not think much about what is eaten every day, but to a dieter that decision is a major thought process each and every meal."

"Choice in what to wear reflects our values.  Others see our outward appearance and are either drawn toward us or repelled."

and then she finishes with "As I have thought about it, I agree that decisions do determine our destiny."  "That is major work 24/7"  I too agree with that statement. 

Thanks Marta my love, for this profound insight..  I think I'll share your Blog with my class, if that's OK with you? 

Now for my Relief Society's lesson on Talents..

My handout for this is a "Pencil"  attached to a card that reads,

Our Talents are like pencils:
     1.  You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone's hand 
          (the Lord's)
     2.  You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you'll need it to become a better
          pencil.
     3.  You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
     4.  The most important part of you will always be what's inside.
     5.  On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark.  No matter what the conditions, you
          must continue to write.

OK I'm ready.  Freedom to Choose, and Developing Our Talents.

Two great lessons and principles of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment