Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday, the day after Christmas

Today is Sunday, the day after Christmas and what a wonderful way to step back and just reflect on yesterday. 

Our Church services start at 9 o'clock, and as I teach a Sunday School lesson each week, we must be on the road by 8:30 in the morning.

This morning when it was time to arise from my warm bed, it was dark and I felt like just turning over and pretending it was still night, but then my husband let me know, it really was time to get up, that it was dark because it was raining outside.  Raining again I thought, yesterday was such a warm, beautiful and sunny day and this morning it's raining again?

Our Sacrament services were peaceful.  Our full time Missionaries were our speakers, they spoke about service to each other and to our fellowmen.  They spoke of the gospel of Jesus Christ and what his birth means to us.  Our songs where Christmas carols with a special musical number by our Bishop's daughter with her mother playing the flute.  It gave us time to contemplate about our blessings and about our Christmas day that we just celebrated and the reason for this celebration. 

Christmas comes with the hustle and bustle of the season, but it is the time that our hearts turn to home, family and love ones.  We enjoy sharing this special time with our family and are eager for their arrival.  We enjoy sharing our Christmas dinner, the comfort foods, the special smells that trigger memories of good times past, the traditions we have, and of coarse, the sharing of Christmas gifts.  

It had stopped raining by the time church was over and as we drove home my heart was full of memories and thanksgivings for all my many blessings. 

I thought about my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren too.  They had called to wish us a Merry Christmas and to let us know they were thinking of us.  I was thinking of them too.

Today is Sunday, the day after Christmas, and a special day.  I'm just relaxing and savoring my warm and fuzzy feelings, and hoping all my family feels the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment