Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm Done, Christmas Shopping that is.

I'm done with Christmas shopping, at least that is what I am saying.  I thought I was pretty ready for Christmas, only had a few more things to get, you see I do a lot of my shopping during the year, but I found I still needed to go to the store today.  I left my home around 11 this morning, had my list in my hand and headed down south.  But the short day I planned turned out to be an all day er.  I arrived home just before 6 and to say the least, I was just tired....


I unpacked my car, my sweetheart came to help carry my packages in and then I took a deep breath, got a tall glass of ice water, went to my sun room and sat down, put my feet up and turned on TV.


I picked up my handwork and started to stitch.   I've been working on two Christmas stockings for 2 new great grand babies this week.  There's Coleman and Adalyn.  Coleman is the son of my Grandson, Michael, and Adalyn is the daughter of my Granddaughter, Cara.  Two beautiful new babies, straight from heaven, to bless our family.  What a blessing, especially for Christmas time....


I make Christmas stockings for all the new babies in my family.  If I was smart, I would have started them when I found out we were going to have a new baby or even when they were born, but who can make a Christmas stocking in July?   Not I..  so here you find me burning the midnight oil, so I can get these stockings finish and in the mail.. If all goes well, they will be done tomorrow....


I need to put myself in fast mode, for this Saturday my sons will be here.  We will be celebrating Christmas this weekend with them and a couple of Grand kids.  Katelyn will be coming with her Dad and Carey will be coming with her boyfriend from California.  It will be fun to have everyone here.  We will have dinner, music and open presents.  We chose this weekend because Susan has to work on Christmas day and Shelly will have her family with her this year, so if we wanted to have Christmas with family, the weekend before became the day.


I will be very busy this week, but that's OK, next year I will try to start sooner. 

My Granddaughter Tawni is expecting a baby, this will be her third and also my Grandson Kevan and his wife are expecting their first, that means I will have 2 new great grand babies next year, so who knows, maybe I will start Christmas stockings in February,  and maybe I will let my fingers do the typing on the Internet and just order Christmas, anyway, I'll turn on my music and just enjoy the busy days.  Goodies have already begun to arrive..

1 comment:

  1. And we LOVE our stockings!! They're amazing and always have so much personality.
    Take peace-of-mind in knowing that Ada won't know the difference about when you finish that stocking or when it arrives. She'll just forever and ever love her handmade stocking from her Great Grandma!

    ReplyDelete