Thursday, December 9, 2010

Are You Just Tired?

Thursday's are always a busy day for us, for you see we leave just before 9 in the morning for the Temple.  We take in the 10 o'clock session and this is something we look forward too.  It's a good way to come to the end of a busy week, it can rejuvenate a person's soul and spirit.

This morning drive was peaceful, not to much traffic on the freeway, a pleasant morning as we left, it's cold and chilly, but the morning is just beginning and the morning air is smelling fresh.  It takes us about 30 minutes to arrive at the Temple, just time to relax and put away one's earthly cares.

After our session we always go for lunch at the Golden Corral Buffet.   Now this is a treat in it's self.  I think everyone should have this eating experience, for there's no end to this food table spread.  There's a special waitress there, that we always find to sit in her section.  Her name is Alma,  she's always friendly, takes very good care of us, calls us by name and she always refers to me as, "beautiful lady."   She makes me feel good...   and I leave her a nice tip.

I've gotten to know the bakery girl also.  She's a small young mother, her name is Sandra, she does all the baking for the dessert section.  She knows I like pecan pie, but they don't always have this pie, it's usually only there during holiday seasons or once in a while at other times.  Sandra knows we come on Thursday's, so if there a chance that this pie will be served, she will always save some for me. 

After lunch we do our shopping.  We hit my special stores, and finish with Walmart, then head for home.  We usually arrive home around 4 o'clock.  Thursday's turns out to be a busy day.

Today when we stopped at the mailbox on the way home, there was a paper on the bulletin board that said, "Are you just tired?"  I think someone is trying to sell vitamin pills or something, for there was a telephone number, but I thought, yes, I am tired, I'm really tired....  and again, maybe I'm always tired...

There always seems like there is so much to do and not much time to do it.  People think that when you are retired that you have nothing but time on your hands, like you are just sitting in a rocking chair and rocking your life away.  But I've got news for them.  Life gets more involved when you are retired and time seems to go too fast.  Your family multiplies and your interest expands and there's always something to do, or something that needs to be done.  But then that's life and that's good.  Life is for the living and to be busy is good.

I was going to wrap Christmas gifts this evening, but instead I read today's paper, did my Sudoku puzzle, did some knitting on a Christmas present for my granddaughter Katelyn, and now, I'm writing this post for my Blog....

Yes I'm just tired, but like most days I am tired, it's my age you know...  but then again, I think I can run rings around others my age....  I do take my vitamins, my multi vitamin for woman, and my iron pill, maybe I better go get a bottle of Geritol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment