Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Welcome To My World

My oldest daughter Marta came home for a visit just recently, now I say "Home" and that's because that's where her Mom and Dad live, not the home she was raised in, but home is home where love and memories are felt and seen. 

I have two rooms that are Guest Rooms in my new home, one is the Red Room and the other is the Blue Room.  My guest have their choice in which room they would like to stay.  My husband calls the Red Room the Hot Room and the Blue Room the Cool Room, I'm not sure why he says that, but we smile and have a little laugh and a tight squeeze.  I love the Victorian Style with a nostalgia flair and my home has this feeling.

I told my daughter she could stay in the room she wished.  She looked them both over and then chose the Red Room.  After a few days she told me how much she was enjoying this room, she said it was because she had her family all around her, you see, I have vaulted ceilings in my home and in my Guest Rooms I have a shelf  running around, above the windows, of the three walls and on the shelf I have pictures and keepsakes. The pictures in the red room are of her children and her grandchildren, she felt loved, she was wrapped with warm, cozy and happy feelings, it just felt good to her.

We had a wonderful visit, went many places, saw many things, did lots of visiting with family and lots of talking and sharing.  She said to me "Mom, you need to do a Blog."  A Blog?  What is a Blog????   She told me she has been doing a Blog, in fact, she has been doing it for over a year and all her children are doing one too.  You need to do one, she said.  It's like writing a journal, just talking to yourself.  You can write about your memories, your dreams or just your thoughts and your feelings. It's fun.  She pulled up her "Blog" and I started to read. It was fun, to read how she felt about things, about events, about life and about what makes her happy.  OK, Sweetheart, your Mama doesn't know that  much about this ole PC, so you'll have to set me up and teach me a few things, and then we see what we can do and maybe your Mama will have a Blog too.

So here it is.  "Life's Peaceful Moments"  This will be my Blog.  My daughter Marta has gotten me started and my talented and artistic granddaughter Cara has done all the art work, I hope you like it, I know I do, in fact I love it, love it, love it, thank you Cara.....Sooo... Welcome to my World......               

3 comments:

  1. You are very welcome Grandma.
    Welcome to the wild world of blogging.
    Kisses,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,
    Job well done. I hope you enjoy the adventure of blogging. I know I will have fun reading about your thoughts and feelings. Thank you for the visit, it is always fun to come home--no matter where that home may be.

    Love, Marta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to read about your daily thoughts and activities. It'll be a real treat, as if we are there sharing these things with you.
    Love you!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete