Friday, March 24, 2017

Lets start Blogging again...

Its been almost 4 years since I have written a post for this blog, but going though my notebooks tonight, I found my collections of post I had written years ago and as I was looking and reading I thought, you know I really should start writing in this blog again.

For the past 3 years I've been writing a yearly journal titled "A day in the life of Liz" but as I think of this journal, each page is mostly my daily comings and goings with some thoughts and feelings.  I do paste cards, article, notes, invitations, memories etc. on the pages but when it comes down to it, I really don't write to much of my thoughts and feelings.

I just had my birthday last month.  I'm now a year in the eighty's club as my husband would say and so what will I leave my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren?  Yes, they can have something of mine, maybe they would like a picture I have hanging on my wall, or maybe a special dish they remember, or a pair of earrings of mine or what ever, but would they know who I am?  Would they know my thoughts and feelings, what my hobbies were or what movies I enjoyed or the books I read.  Would they know who my friends were and how I felt about them?  Would they know about my parents or how much I love my Sweetheart or how I felt being a young girl, my fears and my joys and how I felt being a mother and about raising my children or when I worked in fast foods or for Texaco.  Would they know I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how much I give thanks to my Heavenly Father for the blessing of each of them.

As I thought about these questions I just knew I should start writing in this blog again and then maybe along with that picture they might choose to hang on their wall, they might want to have a copy of my blog writing posts, then maybe they would know who their grandmother, great grandmother or great great grandmother was and maybe some of my interest and feelings might even be the same as theirs.

I have a family, some live nearby but many live far, far away, some I see often, some I haven't seen for years, but we are still family, they came to be because of me and I love each of them.

So as I start tonight with this post, I'm hoping it will be the beginning of many and maybe some of my family might be interested in reading some of my writings just to see what I'm all about.





No comments:

Post a Comment