Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Going to Arizona

I wrote this post Wednesday, May 22, the night before we left for Arizona, but I guess it just went into a draft instead of being published, so I thought I would just add this sentence to my post and then publish it....  so here it is.....

Our Daughter Ann is getting ready to move,  she and her husband have been busy fixing up a fixer upper.  They need some help with the fixing up, so again we will be going to Arizona to lend a hand.  I have my painting clothes all ready to go plus my vitamins.

I always enjoy the visiting with my daughters, we have fun, we talk, we share, we have projects and we go shopping, but we do find the time to do what is important and to take care of what is on the top of the list.

I always smile when we make the plans to go for these visits as our daughters always have a "to do list" for their Dad, and they usually tell their Dad to bring his work clothes.  I think he expects it but I think he enjoys it too.   

I know our daughter Marta always works side by side with her Dad when he is working on a project for her and I know she feels a little extra pride when she walks by the finish project that the two have worked on at her home.

I know Ann is anxious is have this home finished, or at least livable, it's hard being unsettled. Now Ann is a school teacher.  She teaches blind students and is a very good teacher, but being a teacher there is a lot of planning that goes along with the job.  They have been renting a home for the past 2 years, but renting is so much different then having your own home.  A place to put your things, a place to be settled, a place to call your own.

Tomorrow is Ann's last day of school, then summer vacation, but I'm afraid summer will really not be a vacation for her and her husband, for it will be a busy working summer vacation.  They need to be moved in by the end of June, ready or not.  

So Mom and Dad are leaving to morrow to give them a hand.  Isn't that what Moms and Dads do?


No comments:

Post a Comment