Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Yes today is my Birthday, I'm 75 years old.  When I began this blog adventure, I said to myself, I would never write personal or revealing things about myself, but here I am telling the world that I am 75 years old.

How do I feel this day?  Like today is my birthday.

My sister called me this morning and ask me what I was going to do that was fun for my birthday.  Now that is a question that no matter what day she would ask me, I would have to stop and think.  What can I do that would be fun???

Fun is something to some that would not be fun to others.  Fun to me is doing something that I would enjoy doing.  It might be soaking in my beautiful bath tub with bubbles swirling around me, or it might be watching a good movie or program on TV, or it might be just visiting with my husband or a special friend or spending time with any of my love ones, it might even be just working in my sewing room.  Fun to me is just doing what I chose to do, it might be something special or just something simple, it might be work or a chore, but what I chose to do and how I feel about it or my attitude about it, will tell me if it was FUN.

But what did I do today?? 

I received some phone calls, my sister did call and them my brother Butch called and sang Happy Birthday to me, then I talked to my sister-in-law Diana.  My friend Nancy called and then dropped by with a card and gift.  Talked to my children, which always makes me feel good.  Received some birthday cards in the mail and when I was in Arizona my grandchildren Dana & Derek and Tawni & Danny gave me a birthday card and a box of See's Candy...(my favorite kind) (Yummy,Yum) my sweetheart gave me a lovely card that brought tears to my eyes, a hug and a kiss and told me he loved me and this evening we went with Lee and Shirley (my Brother and Sister-in-law) up to Rusty's in the mountains for dinner of delicious honey back ribs, after we stopped at Dairy Queen for a yummy blizzard.

Did I have fun today?  Yes, I had fun today and I had a nice birthday too.

But how do I feel being 75 years old?  I can't do what I use to do in the time I use to do it...  and it takes me longer to rest up after a big job.  But I still can work rings around some that are younger than I.  I know that my heart says one thing, but the mirror says another.... but, I enjoy life and the joys and adventures that it holds.

When I turned 70 I looked in the mirror that morning and over night things seemed to drop and wrinkles appeared and then this morning when I looked in the mirror, over night things seemed to drop again and more wrinkles appeared, but that's OK, I'm still loved by the people that I love, and I still love those that love me even more, I have lots of friends that are good to me and I have lots of things that interest me.  My life is good and my life is full.

Did I have fun today??  Yes, I did have fun today and I hope I have many more years of "fun today's." 

Happy Birthday to Me and many more..

1 comment: